The Chunky Choc Happy Banana Loaf by Kate Berry
Creative director, photographer, stylist, designer and adventurer Kate Berry is a food lover! After many years experimenting in the kitchen, her love of food, design and photography collided when her familyfocused blog, Lunch Lady, was turned into a magazine. She shared a special Banana loaf recipe with us: the perfect remedy for those happy-sad days!
4 overripe bananas, mashed
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g dark chocolate, smashed
1 banana sliced in half
1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC / 360ºF.
2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
3. Pop bananas, vanilla, coconut oil, and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until well combined.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and mix on slow, until everything just comes together.
5. Fold in the chocolate, and pour batter into loaf tin.
6. Press both bits of the sliced banana into the top of the loaf.
7. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.